The Energy Saving Trust is offering FORS operators the opportunity to take one of the last remaining places in a TfL-funded initiative to identify potential locations for rapid chargepoints in London.
The Energy Saving Trust would like to hear from operators currently running plug-in vehicles, or fleets who would consider running them if appropriate vehicles and supporting infrastructure were available. Taking part is free of charge and very straight-forward.
Participating organisations will benefit from:
- Free analysis from vehicle optimisation and route scheduling experts Route Monkey;
- A report showing where plug-in vehicles, supported by rapid charging, could be cost effective and practical for your fleet;
- Enhanced green credentials by taking part in this forward-thinking program;
- Being ahead of the curve in preparation for any potential emissions legislation in the capital and be ready to take full advantage of the latest electric vehicle technology.
Fleets must meet the following criteria:
- Operate a minimum of 10 commercial vehicles, of up to 12.5 tonnes GVW;
- Operate vehicles partially or wholly within the M25. Fleets could be based in London or based elsewhere but operate in London;
- Be able to supply telematics or vehicle scheduling data for a minimum of one month (this could be historical data or collated from the time of application).
The Energy Saving Trust will map where rapid chargepoints should be located in London to support electric vehicles and help fleets save money. Access to a network of rapid chargepoints will enable fleets operating plug-in vehicles to maximise the use of their vehicles and encourage more fleets to acquire these vehicles by reducing the total cost of ownership.
If you would like to get involved, please contact Jacqui Mauroo on 0207 654 2613 or email Jacqui.Mauroo@est.org.uk