Following excellent feedback from our recent Operator Licence Awareness courses, FORS is providing a further ten courses, free to all FORS members. These sessions are particularly of benefit to operators holding Restricted Licences who are managing commercial HGV operations.
The course provides a high quality overview of the operator licencing system and would be useful as refresher training or as an introduction for new Transport Managers. The syllabus is designed to increase awareness of the compliance requirements when running a commercial HGV fleet and will help to prevent potential infringements, which can lead to prosecution or action taken to curtail, suspend or revoke the operators licence by the Traffic Commissioner.
Topics covered by the one-day training course include:
- Operator licence commitment
- Introduction to drivers hours regulations
- EU driving, work time and break limits
- EU rest requirements
- Tachograph management
- Safe loading overview
- Vehicle maintenance
- Operator compliance risk score
- Course summary and review
The course is free to FORS members (a maximum of two attendees per company), and is Driver CPC accredited, so will count towards periodic training. Please note that all delegates booking onto these courses must be at a Supervisory or Managerial Level and are primarily responsible for managing a restricted licence operation.
As places on these courses are limited, and we have previously had places unused due to ‘no-shows’, please let us know as soon as possible if you are booked onto a course and then cannot attend. All non-attendance on the day will be followed up and the company will be re-charged to cover the course place/s.
The following dates are available:
- 05 September 2016 – Croydon
- 19 September 2016 – Croydon
- 06 October 2016 – Aldgate Tower
- 13 October 2016 – Aldgate Tower
- 01 November 2016 – Croydon
- 09 November 2016 – Aldgate Tower
- 06 December 2016 – Croydon
- 07 December 2016 – Aldgate Tower
- 17 January 2016 – Croydon
- 18 January 2017 – Aldgate Tower