Following last week’s eNews special about the work undertaken to update the FORS Standard, we are pleased to announce that the new Standard (version 4) has been published together with an ‘at a glance’ summary of all of the changes to the requirements. The new FORS Standard responds to best practice developments and includes, amongst other things, new environmental considerations.
- If your organisation is already registered on Thursday 29th September 2016 but not yet accredited, you will be audited against version 3.3 of the FORS Standard
- Organisations registering with FORS after 29 September 2016 will be will be audited against version 4.0 of the FORS Standard
- Existing FORS accredited organisations with a renewal date up to and including Wednesday 9 November 2016 will be audited against version 3.3 of the FORS Standard
- Existing FORS accredited organisations with a renewal date after Wednesday 9 November 2016 will be audited against version 4.0 of the FORS Standard
Members should note that the new FORS Standard has been issued in conjunction with updated FORS Terms and Conditions. Your FORS membership and accreditation are governed by these Terms and Conditions. Please read them carefully. Your attention is brought in particular to the following changes:
- 3.4.3 and 3.4.4 concerning notifying FORS about Traffic Commissioner Public Inquiries
- 14.1.1 concerning providing false information at audit
- 14.1.4 concerning payment of invoices
Look out for more eNews specials with details on further guidance supporting the new standard and explaining how you can demonstrate that your organisation meets the requirements.
For more information and to download a copy of the new FORS Standards (version 4), please CLICK HERE