On behalf of Transport for London (TfL), the UK’s Transport Research Laboratory (TRL) is carrying out research into HGV operations in London, with the aim of improving the safety of HGVs, HGV drivers and other road users. As part of that research an online survey is being carried out.
We are interested in the views of anyone that is involved with or has experience of driving, operating or procuring the services of HGVs in London (inside the M25). This includes:
• owners and directors of companies which operate HGVs
• fleet managers
• transport managers
• line managers responsible for HGV driver(s)
• drivers of HGVs (including agency drivers)
• clients contracting HGV operator(s)/driver(s)
For each fully completed survey, a £2 payment will be made to one of three charities, chosen by the respondent:
• Lighthouse Club – providing financial aid, advice, emotional and legal support to the construction industry and their families in times of hardship and stress
• Transaid – an international development charity which implements local transport solutions to improve access to basic services in developing countries, combining the expertise of the European Transport and Logistics industry with their experience of working in the developing world
• Railway Children – an international children’s charity for vulnerable children living alone on the streets in the UK, India and East Africa
In addition, respondents will also be able to enter a prize draw, with the chance to win:
• one of three Apple iPad Air 2 tablets (worth £400)
• one of 12 cash payments of £100, or a £100 donation to one of the charities above or a charity of your choice.
All responses will be completely anonymous. No personal data will be collected and respondents and their organisations will not be identifiable. There will be no further contact once you have completed the survey, unless you enter the prize draw and win, or you indicate that you would like to take part in an interview with us. Only the project team at TRL will have access to the raw data.
If you would like to take part, please complete the very short registration survey. All eligible respondents will then be sent a link to the main survey, which will take around 20 minutes to complete, and will result in a charity donation plus prize draw entry for the respondent.